ECP dismisses disqualification references against Imran Khan, Jahangir Tareen
In its short ruling, Chief Election Commissioner Sardar Muhammad Raza Khan remarked that the references were unmaintainable and did not qualify for hearing.
After the dismissal, PTI spokesperson Naeem Ul Haque urged the Speaker National Assembly Ayyaz Sadiq to step down calling the decision 'victory of truth'
“The speaker’s reference was based on mala Fide intentions,” he added.
Jahangir Tareen too tweeted after ECP's decision and said 'Allah has been very kind'.
Another defeat for the Panama Stricken Shahi Khandan as ECP disposes of frivolous petitions against Khan sb & me. Allah has been very kind 😊— Jahangir Khan Tareen (@JahangirKTareen) March 16, 2017
On the other hand, PML-N legislators Danial Aziz while talking to newsmen maintained that both Imran Khan and Jehangir Tareen harnessed legal loopholes to advocate their point.
He vowed to expose both Khan and Tareen and added that they reserved the right to move Islamabad High Court or Supreme Court.
Tala Chaudhery while throwing his weight behind Daniyal Aziz expressed that after a year, it was decided that the reference was not maintainable.
Last month, some PML-N lawmakers had submitted two references against PTI chief and the party’s secretary-general to the speaker of the National Assembly after PTI filed references against Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif last year for his disqualification.
The two references were forwarded by the National Assembly speaker Ayaz Sadiq seeking disqualification of Khan and Tareen.
Soon after the decision, PTI members took to Twitter apparently mocking PMl-N over the decision.
Dismissal of references against IK and JKT by the Election Commission exposes the lies of PMLN. Time for Speaker Ayaz Sadiq to resign.— Naeem ul Haque (@naeemul_haque) March 16, 2017
- US envoy calls on PM Shehbaz, reaffirms commitment to strengthen ...09:53 PM | 1 Jul, 2022
- World's highest polo festival kicks off in Pakistan's Shandur09:16 PM | 1 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan, India exchange lists of prisoners, fishermen08:15 PM | 1 Jul, 2022
- Maya Ali faces backlash for wearing revealing dress05:10 PM | 1 Jul, 2022
- Ramsha Khan sparks outrage for praising Ahad Raza Mir07:00 PM | 1 Jul, 2022
- SidNaaz fans left teary-eyed with Shehnaaz Gill’s throwback video06:40 PM | 1 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022