ECP dismisses disqualification references against Imran Khan, Jahangir Tareen
In its short ruling, Chief Election Commissioner Sardar Muhammad Raza Khan remarked that the references were unmaintainable and did not qualify for hearing.
After the dismissal, PTI spokesperson Naeem Ul Haque urged the Speaker National Assembly Ayyaz Sadiq to step down calling the decision 'victory of truth'
“The speaker’s reference was based on mala Fide intentions,” he added.
Jahangir Tareen too tweeted after ECP's decision and said 'Allah has been very kind'.
Another defeat for the Panama Stricken Shahi Khandan as ECP disposes of frivolous petitions against Khan sb & me. Allah has been very kind 😊— Jahangir Khan Tareen (@JahangirKTareen) March 16, 2017
On the other hand, PML-N legislators Danial Aziz while talking to newsmen maintained that both Imran Khan and Jehangir Tareen harnessed legal loopholes to advocate their point.
He vowed to expose both Khan and Tareen and added that they reserved the right to move Islamabad High Court or Supreme Court.
Tala Chaudhery while throwing his weight behind Daniyal Aziz expressed that after a year, it was decided that the reference was not maintainable.
Last month, some PML-N lawmakers had submitted two references against PTI chief and the party’s secretary-general to the speaker of the National Assembly after PTI filed references against Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif last year for his disqualification.
The two references were forwarded by the National Assembly speaker Ayaz Sadiq seeking disqualification of Khan and Tareen.
Soon after the decision, PTI members took to Twitter apparently mocking PMl-N over the decision.
Dismissal of references against IK and JKT by the Election Commission exposes the lies of PMLN. Time for Speaker Ayaz Sadiq to resign.— Naeem ul Haque (@naeemul_haque) March 16, 2017
- Imran Khan’s remarks about Maryam Nawaz widely condemned11:41 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Kashmir Premier League to invite Indian cricketer Virat Kohli to ...11:05 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Imran says PTI's core committee to decide final date for Islamabad ...10:30 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Raja Riaz appointed Opposition leader in National Assembly09:45 PM | 20 May, 2022
- PNS Badar: Pakistan Navy launches MILGEM-class ship09:12 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Watch - Hania Aamir ignores Iqra Aziz at 'Parde Mein Rehne Do' ...07:38 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Nora Fatehi and Kriti Sanon jump onto the ‘Pasoori’ bandwagon06:32 PM | 20 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's new dance video goes viral05:30 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022