UFO or meteorite? Huge blast and flash of light in the sky spreads fear and panic in Gilgit Baltistan
The blast was so severe that some of the citizens took to social media platforms and feared any plane crash or bomb blast in the purview of a recent string of attacks.
A resident, Zafar Iqbal said: 'Hit somewhere in shilpi Ghizer but no casualities [sic]'
Another local, Arbab Musaweer Alam Khan stated that he was on a motorcycle when he saw red and yellowish stars and "something else" moving fast in the sky which then disappeared.
"This was much nearer to the earth which set the entire city alight," he said.
People from Haripur and Islamabad also reported seeing a bright object flying fast across the sky towards the north.
The Information Department of Gilgit-Baltistan has now confirmed that the explosion and flashes were caused by a huge meteor crossing the sky over the Ghizer and Gilgit District.
There are unconfirmed reports that the meteorite may have fallen in a remote area somewhere between the Yasin and Gupis Tehsils of Ghizer District. This has yet to be confirmed though.
- Sara Ali Khan and Janhvi Kapoor's workout video takes the Internet by ...02:37 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan secures spot on three key United Nations bodies02:00 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan marks Allama Iqbal’s 83rd death anniversary01:58 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- NAB summons Punjab Minister Aslam Iqbal, Samiullah Ch in sugar scam01:43 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Syra Yousaf’s birthday bash photos go viral06:02 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021