President Secretariat saves Rs224m through austerity measures
This has been done under the directions of President Dr Arif Alvi to reduce expenses without affecting the efficiency of operations and quality of service delivery, said a press release issued by the President House on Thursday.
The projected expenditure for the financial year 2018-19 is 6.1% less against the allocated budget, as opposed to the previous financial years that consistently suffered budget deficits.
Direct and Indirect Savings were made. In the context of Indirect Savings, now routine PAF maintenance flights transport the security staff of the President, instead of dedicated C-130.
Likewise, President’s national and international travel through commercial flights and substantial reduction in visiting entourage has contributed towards a saving of Rs. 112.7 million. Moreover, Presidency has been opened for all Ministries to hold their mega events in Aiwan-e-Sadr instead of 5-Star hotels, which has saved the relevant ministries about Rs10.2 million.
Similarly, inefficient and exorbitant energy usage is being also cut by conducting comprehensive energy audit. Additionally, the travel entourage of the President has been reduced from 36 to 16 officers/officials, saving Rs.5.8 million.
Lastly, Presidency is employing less people than sanctioned posts and has thus saved about Rs. 38.4 million.
If the impact of these austerity measures are analyzed head wise, in Pays and Allowances, Rs. 38 million have been saved by not enrolling fresh intake against the vacant posts.
Under Conveyance and Motor Cars, 10.1% budget has been surrendered, in addition to 20% of Telephone and Internet budget. In this regard, vintage vehicles have been processed for auction, which will cut their maintenance cost.
Moreover, 5% of Utilities, 41.1% of Misc. Capital Assets, Printing & Stationary, Postage etc, and 80% of Discretionary Grants funds have been surrendered to the Government of Pakistan. In other words, austerity measures have been applied to all heads to utilize all possibilities of saving.
- Pakistan not considering recognition of Israel, says FO09:46 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- COVID restrictions — Sindh extends business timing after pressure ...08:43 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- When will Shehbaz Sharif, son Hamza be released on parole?07:45 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- No ban on visas for Pakistani workers, clarifies UAE07:40 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Nabeel Zuberi takes lead role in Aulaad05:29 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat gets surprised by some secret admirer (VIDEO)05:21 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020