Friendship 2018: Pakistan, Russia to hold joint military drills from 21st in Pabbi
According to Vadim Astafyev, head of the press service of the Russian Southern Military District, the joint drills will be held at the training range in Pakistan's northwestern town of Pabbi.
More than 70 mountain shooters from Karachay-Cherkessia will take part in the drills.
The servicemen from the two countries' armed forces will perform tasks at an altitude of 1,400 meters above sea level, Astafyev said.
Russia and Pakistan have been holding the "Friendship" drills since 2016. In 2017, over 200 servicemen took part in the drills, which were held in the North Caucasus at an altitude of 2,300 meters above sea level.
The deal was concluded at the end of the inaugural meeting of Russia-Pakistan Joint Military Consultative Committee in Rawalpindi, reported VOA, citing a statement from the defence ministry.
The talks between the two countries were headed by Defence Secretary Zamirul Hassan Shah and visiting Russian Deputy Defense Minister Col Gen Alexander Fomin.
“The two sides also held in-depth discussions on avenues of future cooperation. In the end, both countries signed the Contract on Admission of Service Members of Pakistan in the RF (Russian Federation). Pakistan and Russia have stepped up cooperation in the defence sector since 2014 when the two nations signed an agreement for boosting bilateral ties. Federation’s Training Institutes,” said the ministry statement.
- Shehzad Roy’s co-worker Wasu Khan in serious need of financial ...04:45 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Teenage girl killed in Indian unprovoked ceasefire violations along ...04:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran expresses pain and grief over loss of lives in Beirut ...03:36 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Model Bella Hadid speaks out against racism within the fashion ...03:35 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- If offered, I would love to work in Pakistan: Engin Altan Düzyatan01:53 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Saba Qamar, Bilal Ashraf & others grieve over the tragic explosions ...01:10 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020