'Classified' Volume 10 of Panamagate JIT report handed over to NAB
ISLAMABAD - The Supreme Court on Thursday provided four certified copies of "classified" Volume 10 of the Joint Investigation Team's report on Panama Papers case, which led to the disqualification of former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, to National Accountability Bureau (NAB).
The NAB had asked the apex court for issuing the said volume for filing the reference against ousted prime minister Nawaz Sharif, his children and Ishaq Dar in accordance with the orders of the Supreme Court.
Earlier, one certified copy of the first nine volumes of the report was provided to the NAB on request, while Volume 10 was withheld.
The Volume 10 of the report, which carries details of mutual legal assistance (MLA) with various countries, has not been made public by the apex court following the request of the six-member JIT’s chairman Wajid Zia, Dawn News reported.
Earlier, Advocate Khawaja Haris Ahmed, counsel for Nawaz Sharif in Panama Papers case, had been allowed to read the two pages of the volume by a three-judge JIT implementation bench, headed by Justice Ejaz Afzal Khan.
On July 28, a five-member bench of SC disqualifying Nawaz Sharif under Article 62(1)( f) of the Constitution, had directed NAB to submit four references to the Rawalpindi accountability court within six weeks on the basis of finding of the JIT and investigations of Federal Investigation Agency and NAB.
The court also ordered the NAB to decide the reference within six months, besides appointing a supervisory judge for the references.
- Pakistani police hunt PM Imran Khan's nephew over PIC attack11:41 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan to chair 63rd session of UN Commission on Narcotic Drugs09:54 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- TCM: Pakistani scientists successfully test first traditional Chinese ...09:22 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan ranked the world's best holiday destination for 202008:56 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran Khan meets Saudi crown prince on day-long visit08:39 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Brad Pitt addresses rumours regarding dating actress Alia Shawkat02:12 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Khuda Aur Mohabbat is coming again with season 301:59 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Tabla legend Ustad Ajmal Khan passes away in Islamabad12:50 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019