LUMS 'Gurmani Centre of Languages and Literature' publishes latest issue of 'Bunyad'
The latest issue explores the many facets of Urdu language and is a fine compilation of history in the form of features and reviews from famous writers. Shamsur Rahman Faruqui in his article discusses the features of Faiz’s poetry, Saadat Saeed discusses the influence of Sir Syed Ahmed Khan’s movement, Arif Naushahi provides a list of manuscripts in Turkish language that could be located in different libraries in Pakistan and Najeeba Arif explores the nature of fiction and its popularity in the present age.
In addition to these works, Khalid Mehmood Sanjarani introduces a rare edition of Wajid Ali Shah’s Masnavi Darya-i Taashshuq presented in the Heidelberg University in Germany, Saima Iram critically reviews A History of Urdu Literature written in English language by Ali Jawad Zaidi, Zahid Hassan studies Waris Shah’s Punjabi translation of “Qasida Burda Sharif” in comparison with other translations and establishes the uniqueness and superiority of Waris Shah’s effective and spontaneous expression and his command over the language and Zeeshan Danish reviews the collection of poems Bhare Bharole by Wasif Ali Wasif. The publication also includes two English essays.
The 600 page publication including twenty five articles on diverse themes has been edited by Moeen Nizami and Yasmeen Hameed, with Zeeshan Danish as its Managing Editor.
The Gurmani Centre of Language and Literature promotes languages and literature through teaching, research, publications, and various literary events throughout the year. The Centre currently offers classes in Urdu, Persian, Punjabi, Sindhi, Pashto and Arabic, as well as classes on their literatures and South Asian literary history.
- Ahmed Ali Butt’s new video with Mahira Khan and Fahad Mustafa wins ...07:10 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Military officials brief political leaders on security situation, ...06:24 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022