Court extends Dr Asim's remand for more seven days
Also read: Dr Asim Hussain handed over to NAB
Dr Asim, who served as the petroleum minister during the tenure of the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) government , was taken into custody on August 26 under Section 11-EEEE of the Anti-Terrorism Act 1997, and a joint interrogation team was formed after getting approval from the Sindh government.
He was serving as the chairman of the Sindh Higher Education Commission when he was arrested.
The former petroleum minister – a close aide of Pakistan People's Party (PPP) Co-Chairperson Asif Ali Zardari – was arrested over allegations of corruption and facilitating terrorists at his private hospital in Karachi.
- Petroleum prices to remain same in March as PM Imran turns down Ogra ...04:40 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Dananeer Mobeen reacts to Ranveer Singh’s take on #PawriHoraiHai ...04:08 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan responds to US report of Jamal Khashoggi's killing, ...03:38 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- PSL 6 - Lahore Qalandars to face Karachi Kings today01:37 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Lady Gaga's French dogs returned unharmed06:52 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Bilal Saeed's 'Baari' crosses 100 million views milestone on Youtube08:56 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Indians boycott 'Spider-Man' over anti-Modi tweet11:41 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021