Nawaz Sharif and family to face corruption trial in open court, not in Adiala Jail
The corruption references were filed by National Accountability Bureau (NAB) in line with the Supreme Court judgment in Panama Papers case.
The decision was taken in a meeting in Islamabad on Tuesday. The federal cabinet will cancel the notification of the PML-N supremo’s jail trial tomorrow (Wednesday).
Earlier, the Ministry of Law and Justice issued a notification saying the trial of Sharif family in two remaining corruption cases will be held in Adiala jail.
Trial of remaining graft cases against Sharifs to ... 10:25 AM | 14 Jul, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The trial of Sharif family in two remaining corruption cases filed by the National Accountability Bureau ...
“In exercise of the powers conferred by subsection (b) of section 16 of the National Accountability Ordinance, 1999 (XVIII of 1999), the federal government is please to specify the Central Jail Adiala, Rawalpindi, to be the place where the Accountability Court-I, Islamabad shall sit for trial of References No. 18/2017 and 19/2017 against Mian Muhammad Nawaz Sharif and others,” the notification read.
The anti-graft watchdog had filed three references against Nawaz and his children – Hassan, Hussain and Maryam Nawaz – and son-in-law Captain (retd) Safdar. The cases pertain to Avenfield flats, Al-Azizia Stell Mills and Hill Metal Establishment, and offshore companies.
Nawaz Sharif, Maryam arrested from Lahore ... 06:03 PM | 13 Jul, 2018
LAHORE - Ousted prime minister Nawaz Sharif and his daughter Maryam Nawaz, who were arrested after they arrived in ...
Nawaz Sharif and his sons Hussain and Hasan are accused in all three references – Hill Metal establishment, London flats and offshore firms – whereas his daughter Maryam and son-in-law Capt (r) Safdar are named in the Avenfield reference only.
NAB’s Rawalpindi branch prepared references regarding the Azizia Steel Mills and nearly a dozen companies and made Nawaz Sharif and his sons respondents.
Pakistani judge, who sentenced Nawaz, Maryam to ... 09:47 PM | 16 Jul, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Accountability judge Muhammad Bashir has excused himself from hearing the corruption references against ...
Hussain and Hassan Nawaz are UK-based and have been absconding since the proceedings began last year.
- Three killed in explosion onboard Indian naval ship at Mumbai dockyard11:16 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Gobi's Paints 3rd U19 Junior Polo Championship: Remington JPF score ...10:42 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- PM Imran condemns Houthi attacks on UAE in call with Abu Dhabi ruler09:54 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Pakistani Rupee sheds 26 paisas against dollar09:24 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Ushna Shah leaves fans stunned with latest video05:15 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Adnan Siddiqui takes a hilarious jibe at Humayun Saeed04:17 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Minal Khan and Ahsan Mohsin share stunning portrait from Kartarpur03:46 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021