JUI-F Hafiz Hamdullah gets bail for charge of harassing Marvi Sirmed on live TV
Sessions Judge Raja Asif Mehmood granted pre-arrest bail to the lawmaker on June 23, after he submitted surety bonds worth Rs. 30,000.
Arguing before the court, the counsel for Hamdullah said that a baseless case had been registered against his client and that the JUI-F senator should be granted bail before arrest as the allegations leveled against him were bailable.
While accepting his request, the court granted him bail with direction to the police to come along with the record of the case on the next date of hearing.
A case has been registered against Hafiz Hamdullah under sections 506 and 354 of the Pakistan Penal Code (PPC), which deal with assault or criminal force to a woman with intent to outrage her modesty.
- ‘We just have to play with it’: Imran Khan’s audio leak about ...01:03 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan PM Shehbaz, Army Chief felicitates Saudi crown prince on ...11:51 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Petrol price likely to dip by Rs9 per litre from October 111:18 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
- PAKvENG: Pakistan, England face off in 5th T20I today10:52 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani FM Bilawal urges US, China to set aside rivalry to fight ...10:26 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Malala 'so grateful' to husband for holding her hand and awards09:15 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Hrithik Roshan and Saif Ali Khan groove to 'Alcoholiya'11:32 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Bushra Ansari faces criticism for receiving anti-aging treatment10:07 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022