PTI, PML-N lawmakers come to blows in Punjab Assembly
The commotion erupted when the opposition members, especially from Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, fired a broadside at former premier Nawaz Sharif for his recent statement on Mumbai attacks.
The commentary riled the members of ruling Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz who got up from their seats, marched towards the opposition benches and engaged in a skirmish.
The speaker of the provincial assembly was left with no other option than to persuade the members to calm down, however, the furious legislators ignored the requests.
Soon after the clash, the members from ruling PML-N walked out of the building, however, representatives from both the sides tendered an apology afterwards.
Opposition Leader, Mehmood ur Rasheed and Arif Abbasi from PTI while Waheed Gul from PML-N apologized on the floor of the house following which normalcy returned to the legislature.
- Spotify Annouces its 2021 Wrapped - Revealing Top Lists, Wrapped ...11:47 AM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Maulana Tariq Jameel terms Sialkot lynching un-Islamic10:57 AM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Student groups vandalise VC, registrar offices amid clash at Punjab ...10:23 AM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan reports 8 deaths, 431 fresh COVID cases in 24 hours09:52 AM | 4 Dec, 2021
- BANvPAK: Pakistan opt to bat first against Bangladesh09:29 AM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Rahat Fateh Ali Khan sings UAE national anthem in Urdu08:35 PM | 3 Dec, 2021
- Ahsan Khan shares thoughts on acting as career for Bilawal Bhutto10:23 PM | 3 Dec, 2021
- Jacqueline Fernandez's leaked photo with 'extortionist' raises ...11:59 PM | 3 Dec, 2021