At least 2 dead, several injured in Karachi blast
SSP Malir Irfan Bahadur said the blast took place under the Quaidabad flyover near a crowded area of the locality. He said the police were yet to ascertain the exact nature and cause of the explosion.
Ten injured of the blast were shifted to Jinnah Hospital. Dr Seemi Jamali at the Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre (JPMC) confirmed the death toll. She said that five wounded persons were in critical condition at the hospital.
Power supply to the surrounding areas was disrupted following the powerful explosion, which could be heard from a distance.
The blast took place at a crowded place where several vendors set up their stalls.
Police have cordoned off the site and are looking for any clues.
Chief Minister Sindh Syed Murad Ali Shah has taken notice of the incident and sought a report from the additional inspector-general of Sindh police.
Another bomb planted near the site of the incident was diffused by the bomb disposal squad in its surveillance.
A timing device was also attached to the bomb present in a tiffin box.
- Super well made: Anoushey Ashraf can’t stop praising ...04:35 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan confirm ICC World Test Championship matches against New ...03:45 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- OPPO Reno4 Pro — with a Professional 90Hz Borderless Sense Screen ...03:22 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- IAG Cargo starts London-Lahore service02:55 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Rhea Chakraborty 'an active member of a drug syndicate:' NCB02:26 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Lion King sequel officially in the works01:46 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020