Nawaz Sharif expected to travel for London in 48 hours
LAHORE – Former prime minister Nawaz Sharif is expected to travel abroad by Monday evening following the ruling of the Lahore High Court (LHC) to remove former premier Nawaz Sharif’s name from the Exit Control List (ECL).
According to media reports, the Sharif family has started preparations in this regard as an air ambulance of Qatar Airlines – that has been called from Qatar is likely to land in Lahore airport today (Sunday).
The air ambulance, with the flying fuel of 10 hours and two pilots, will be equipped with oxygen cylinders, ventilators, ICU and other medical facilities. Two doctors, including Sharif’s personal physician Dr Adnan, and paramedics will also travel with the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) supremo to assist him during his travel.
Nawaz Sharif will be shifted to the Harley Street Clinic in London immediately after landing where Sharif’s sons, Hassan and Hussain, have finalized the arrangements they have been making with medical experts.
The civil aviation administration has also made preparations for Sharif’s departure, and the Airports Security Force (ASF), Customs, the Anti-Narcotics Force (ANF) and the Federal Investigation Agency’s (FIA) Immigration Wing have been informed in this regard.
The former premier is likely to be shifted to a Boston hospital after he seeks initial treatment for his kidney and heart in the United Kingdom (UK), while in the United States (US), the former prime minister will be treated for his platelet condition.
Earlier on Saturday, the Lahore High Court (LHC) ordered the unconditional removal of ailing Nawaz Sharif 's name from the no-fly list, allowing him to travel abroad from his treatment.
The former prime minister has been given four weeks period, which is extendable on the basis of medical reports, said a verdict announced by a two-member bench headed by Justice Ali Baqir Najafi and comprising of Justice Sardar Ahmad Naeem
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Here's what Navin Waqar does to stay fit03:36 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019