PML-N files disqualification reference against Jahangir Tareen in NA
PML-N’s Daniyal Aziz, Talal Chaudhry and Maiza Hameed on Thursday filed the reference with Speaker National Assembly Ayaz Sadiq.
The reference alleged that during Pervez Musharaf’s regime, being a federal minister Tareen had received Rs101 million as loan from Zarai Taraqiati Bank Limited (ZTBL) in the name of Tandlianwala Sugar Mills, which was latter written off in 2005.
“Jahangir Tareen concealed facts while submitting his nomination papers for general elections in 2013 and by-elections in 2015,” the reference stated.
The PML-N leaders said Tareen should be disqualified from his NA seat for “submitting false statements with the ECP and misleading the commission”.
- PAKvENG: Pakistan beat England in yet another nail-biting thriller11:16 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani boxer Usman Wazeer makes history in Thailand10:35 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- NSC okays constitution of high-level committee to probe PM Office ...10:10 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Forced retirement of 85 Rescue employees challenged in LHC09:45 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Srha Asghar and husband announce pregnancy08:21 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Saim Sadiq's Joyland to hit cinemas on November 1807:58 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Malala Yousafzai becomes a TV producer07:19 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022