PML-N files disqualification reference against Jahangir Tareen in NA
PML-N’s Daniyal Aziz, Talal Chaudhry and Maiza Hameed on Thursday filed the reference with Speaker National Assembly Ayaz Sadiq.
The reference alleged that during Pervez Musharaf’s regime, being a federal minister Tareen had received Rs101 million as loan from Zarai Taraqiati Bank Limited (ZTBL) in the name of Tandlianwala Sugar Mills, which was latter written off in 2005.
“Jahangir Tareen concealed facts while submitting his nomination papers for general elections in 2013 and by-elections in 2015,” the reference stated.
The PML-N leaders said Tareen should be disqualified from his NA seat for “submitting false statements with the ECP and misleading the commission”.
- Mahira Khan and Hrithik Roshan rub shoulders at Red Sea International ...06:42 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan announces to provide medical education to prisoners06:23 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan launches first ever animal rights curriculum05:58 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- TikToker Ayesha Akram faces arrest for defying court orders in ...05:35 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic breaks the internet with new photos04:47 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Legendary singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan celebrates 48th birthday04:21 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list? ...10:48 AM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Top 10 most searched people on Google in Pakistan in 202206:07 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan's first female Supreme Court judge earns place in BBC '100 ...01:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022