Punjab’s top court bans use of hosepipes for washing cars
In a written order on a petition by Haroon Farooq, LHC judge Justice Shahid Karim directed the Lahore Development Authority and Water and Sanitation Agency (WASA) to force local service stations to use water buckets only.
These orders are not restricted to the service stations but also apply to households with cars.
The court has also sought a detailed report from all housing societies in the next hearing.
Furthermore, the top court in Punjab has called for an awareness campaign on the said ban while directing the Punjab government to apprise the court regarding measures to conserve water and stop its wastage.
- Pakistan's Business Confidence Index drops by 21pc in six months of ...10:38 PM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list? ...10:48 AM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Top 10 most searched people on Google in Pakistan in 202206:07 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan's first female Supreme Court judge earns place in BBC '100 ...01:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022