Pulwama attack: Pakistan recalls its diplomat from India as tension escalates
LAHORE – Pakistan on Monday called back its high commissioner in New Delhi, Sohail Mahmood, for consultations.
He has left New Delhi, according to a tweet by Foreign Office Spokesperson Dr Mohammad Faisal.
We have called back our HIgh Commissioner in India for consultations.
He left New Delhi this morning .— Dr Mohammad Faisal (@ForeignOfficePk) February 18, 2019
Relations between the two countries have deteriorated following an attack on Indian forces in Indian-Administered Kashmir. The Pulwama attack claimed the lives of over 40 Indian paramilitary troops.
India has claimed that Pakistan is responsible for the attack, however, Pakistan has denied this and offered its assistance to find the true culprits.
- India bans Muslim gatherings but allows Hindu pilgrimage in occupied ...11:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 233,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,819 confirmed ...11:21 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Money laundering case – Shehbaz Sharif seeks exemption from ...11:15 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- China, India hold talks on border standoff11:05 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Umar Akmal’s appeal to be heard on July 13: PCB10:53 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Elton John honoured with his own commemorative coin from Uk's Royal ...04:46 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- TikTok star Zulqarnain Sikandar all set to make his acting debut with ...02:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Saroj Khan's family lived in Pakistan before the partition02:16 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020