NAB raids Miftah Ismail’s Karachi residence
LAHORE – A team of National Accountability Bureau (NAB) raided the residence of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz leader Miftah Ismail in Karachi on Thursday.
The team of accountability watchdog conducted the raid to arrest Miftah, however, is is still not sure whether the politician is inside the residence or in Islamabad.
The anti-graft body on Thursday issued arrest warrants for Ismail and Managing Director PSO, Imranul Haq - both facing a NAB case regarding Liquefied Natural Gas quota case.
The development comes amid the arrest of former prime minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi in Lahore.
NAB arrests ex-PM Shahid Khaqan Abbasi from Lahore 02:23 PM | 18 Jul, 2019
LAHORE – The National Accountability Bureau on Thursday took former prime minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi into custody ...
Shahid Khaqan Abbasi was intercepted at Lahore toll plaza and was taken into custody after the former premier failed to appear before NAB Rawalpindi, a NAB spokesman for the agency said in a statement.
He gave no details on the grounds for the arrest but a copy of the arrest warrant shared by Abbasi’s PML-N party, indicated that he was accused of “corruption and corrupt practices”.
Former PM Shahid Khaqan arrested on an uncertified photocopy. “N League Accountability Bureau (NAB)” arrests SVP of PMLN. Mega corruption scandals remain untouched under PTI umbrella. pic.twitter.com/depubUaRt7
— Ahsan Iqbal (@betterpakistan) July 18, 2019
Abbasi had earlier sought three-day time from the NAB Rawalpindi for appearance.
According to NAB , Shahid Khaqan Abbasi possesses vital information regarding the LNG scandal – which caused loss worth billions of rupees to national exchequer owing to illegal contracts.
- Weinstein rape trial opens with clashing portrayals of ex-Hollywood ...01:31 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran says economy on right track, expresses good times ahead for ...01:31 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019