MQM-P leader Farooq Sattar demands withdrawal of Aug 22 cases after brief detention
The senior MQM-Pakistan leader said this while talking to newsmen after his release following a brief detention by police personnel in Karachi.
'I can't say if it was an arrest or a visit to the police station,' he said.
Farooq Sattar did not mention MQM founder Altaf Hussain but maintained that the faction led by him practically implemented minus-one.
'If now our workers are not released from the politically motivated cases, our offices continue to remain sealed, and if the leader of Pakistan’s fourth largest political party is treated in such a way, then people will get confused' he remarked.
The legislator maintained that they had created an opportunity and if support was not given to those who stand with Pakistan Zindabad then the people will be forced to think that the agenda is beyond minus-one.
“We took extraordinary steps on August 23, now the time has come to respect those measures, there is a policy level confusion existing right now with regards to MQM-Pakistan. The label of this August 22 cases must not taken away from them," said Farooq Sattar
Sattar while detailing Altaf's anti-Pakistan's diatribe on August 22 said the MQM workers present are innocent as they were not aware of the content of the speech.
“Justice must be served in favour of those who have disassociated from the Aug 22 speech,” he said.
MQM leader Faisal Sabzwari while throwing his weight behind Sattar's viewpoint said that Nawaz Sharif was also facing baseless cases. Sabzwari noted that the ‘political vultures’ who are considering MQM dead are mistaken.
Sattar's press conference came after he was arrested from the Sharae Faisal area of Karachi while he was on his way to a private wedding function.
In a dramatic turn of events, Sattar was shifted to Chakiwara Police Station before being released late at night.
Following Sattar's release, the Rabita Committee announced that it would go ahead with its decision celebrate the party's 'Youm-e-Tasees' today, (March 18).
- Google pays tribute to late Pakistani social activist Perween Rahman10:56 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- IWMI to help Punjab prepare water data on Governor's help10:39 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- At least 3 players, 5 staff members contract Covid ahead of PSL 202209:52 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan reports 6,540 new Covid infections, 12 deaths as uptick ...09:27 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Inside the dreamy reception of TikTok stars Kanwal Aftab and ...04:25 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities condemn tragic Lahore blast04:49 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Why did Princess Diana express interest in interfaith marriage and ...07:13 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021