PM Imran terms opposition's Azadi March “a circus” staged to avoid accountability
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan on Monday vowed not to curtail the ongoing accountability drive, saying will not spare any person who looted national wealth.
Addressing the inauguration ceremony of Havelian-Thakot section of Hazara motorway project, the prime minister said that the drive will continue until the justice prevails.
Talking about the JUI-F led Azadi March, he said that it was a circus staged by opposition parties to avoid the accountability. He added, “Those who feared arrest because of corruption were gathered on the container with the Maulana Fazlur Rehman”.
Calling himself a sit-in expert, the premier said: "By now, you all perhaps know who is the expert of Dharna in Pakistan. In the beginning, I told them if they manage to spend one month on the container, I will agree to whatever demands they have," said Khan.
"We spent 126 days on a container. A few of my party members were worried but I told them not to worry as I know what is container and Dharna. You can spend 126 days only if your efforts are based on an ideology."
Referring to the JUI-F chief, the prime minister said, "A person who calls himself Molana is doing all this to avail personal agenda. If today, someone gives Molana Fazlur Rehman some money and ask him to declare fatwa of their choice, he will do it".
On Nawaz Sharif's ECL case, He said: "We accept the decision announced by the court".
He revealed that his cabinet was not ready to allow Nawaz Sharif to go abroad for treatment. “I allowed him [Nawaz] by showing mercy”.
Criticising PML-N President Shehbaz Sharif, the premier said that he [Shehbaz] started “drama” when he was asked to submit indemnity bonds worth Rs7 billion as a guarantee that Nawaz will return to the country after being healthy.
Khan inaugurated Havelian-Thakot section of Hazara motorway project, which is part of the China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).
The prime minister said that CPEC would create jobs for youth, adding that ensuring speedy completion of CPEC to bring prosperity to Pakistan.
He said that the Chinese will share technical skills with Pakistani youth. "We have the largest youth population and this youth will become our strength".
The motorway is part of the China Pakistan Economic Corridor project. The project will serve as the main route for Pakistan-China commercial traffic, reported Radio Pakistan.
It shall directly benefit approximately seven million population of Hasan Abdal, Haripur, Havelian, Abbottabad, Mansehra and Northern areas.
The motorway will also greatly boost tourism as it will provide access to Mansehra, Naran valley and Gilgit Baltistan.
The premier will open Havelian-Mansehar motorway tomorrow while its inauguration ceremony will be held on Friday at 3pm near Havellian interchange.
Federal Minister for Communication Murad Saeed, Azam Swati including important ministers, members of parliament, diplomats and dignitaries will be attended the ceremony.
According to the communication ministry, the Havelian-Mansehra section is the part of CPEC under the Havelian Thakot project on which Rs138 billion will be spent.
Authorities said that the remaining project up to Thakot will be completed until February 2020.
- Pakistan ex-skipper Sarfraz Ahmed blessed with baby girl09:04 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan set to launch first-ever national emigration policy08:24 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Federal cabinet rejects Mushtaq Mahar's name as Sindh IGP after ...08:06 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019