COAS Bajwa distributes prizes among winners of PACES championship in Karachi
RAWALPINDI - Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa visited Karachi on Friday where he awarded prizes to the winners of Physical Agility and Combat Efficiency System (PACES) army and Young Soldiers PACES championship, according to an Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) press release.
During the visit, the COAS addressed garrison officers, attended the closing ceremony of PACES Championship and witnessed training exercise of mechanised formation, said the ISPR.
The COAS talked to officers about environment, challenges and the response. While speaking to troops busy in training exercise, the army chief said that regardless of the advancement in warfare technology, the basic traits of soldiering are linked with maintaining high standards of training and physical fitness.
The army chief further said that the Pakistan Army takes pride in maintaining a high degree of training and physical fitness standards.
Gujranwala Corps team won the eighth Army PACES Championship while the Engineer Centre team won the 7th Young Soldiers PACES Championship.
Corps Commander Karachi Lieutenant General Humayun Aziz accompanied the COAS during the visit.
- Pakistan censures extremist mindset of Indian general11:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Lahore journalist remanded into FIA custody over anti-state social ...11:27 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- NETSOL technologies to ring Nasdaq closing bell on Jan 2108:56 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Senate body approves bill to curb international organized crimes08:13 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- TLP unrest: Khadim Rizvi's brother, nephew among 86 awarded ...08:07 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Malala biopic director admits he still receives death threats03:39 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Prince Harry makes first public appearance since royal split03:24 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Birthday girl Sajal Aly gets heartwarming message from Ahad Raza's mom03:06 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019