COAS Bajwa distributes prizes among winners of PACES championship in Karachi
RAWALPINDI - Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa visited Karachi on Friday where he awarded prizes to the winners of Physical Agility and Combat Efficiency System (PACES) army and Young Soldiers PACES championship, according to an Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) press release.
During the visit, the COAS addressed garrison officers, attended the closing ceremony of PACES Championship and witnessed training exercise of mechanised formation, said the ISPR.
The COAS talked to officers about environment, challenges and the response. While speaking to troops busy in training exercise, the army chief said that regardless of the advancement in warfare technology, the basic traits of soldiering are linked with maintaining high standards of training and physical fitness.
The army chief further said that the Pakistan Army takes pride in maintaining a high degree of training and physical fitness standards.
Gujranwala Corps team won the eighth Army PACES Championship while the Engineer Centre team won the 7th Young Soldiers PACES Championship.
Corps Commander Karachi Lieutenant General Humayun Aziz accompanied the COAS during the visit.
- 22-year-old Samina dies in Lahore’s hospital after protesting ...06:41 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- 4 patients die as lawyers’ protest intensifies at Lahore's Punjab ...01:37 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Roxette singer Marie Fredriksson passes away01:24 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019