Dr Abdul Hafeez Sheikh also working for an Indian investment firm as ‘active partner’
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan’s newly appointed Adviser on Finance Dr Abdul Hafeez Sheikh is also working for an Indian investment firm as an ‘active partner’, the company’s website shows.
According to details, the Indian investment firm, New Silk Route (NSR) or New Silk Route Partners LLC is a $1.4-billion private equity firm that invests in private companies in India, Asia, and the Middle East.
Initially named as Taj Capital, the New Silk Route (NSR) named Dr Abdul Hafeez Sheikh as one of its founding team members.
The NSR website reveals the title of Abdul Hafeez Shaikh’s portfolio as:
Abdul Sheikh, General Partner, New Silk Route Partners LLC, with his brief career history as Minister Finance for the Islamic Republic of Pakistan from 6/2010 to 3/2013 and Adviser: Finance from 3/2010 to 6/2010.
The website mentioned his name as ‘General Partner’ in the Indian firm from 3/2013 till present.
However, Dr Sheikh’s name and picture were removed after Prime Minister Imran Khan approved reallocation of portfolios in the federal cabinet and new appointments, including that of Dr Abdul Hafeez Sheikh as Adviser on Finance.
Meanwhile, the world’s top search engine WIKIPEDIA still reveals Dr Abdul Hafeez Sheikh, 20th finance minister of Pakistan, on top of the list as founding team member (alphabetically).
Abdul Hafeez Sheikh appointed adviser on finance 10:07 PM | 18 Apr, 2019
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf -led federal government has appointed Abdul Hafeez Sheikh as the adviser on ...
Dr Abdul Hafeez Sheikh’s appointment came after Asad Umar stepped down as Finance Minister, refusing to be allocated the portfolio of energy but placing his trust in Imran Khan for ‘Naya Pakistan’ (New Pakistan).
- I take a break whenever the noise in my head reaches its peak: Zaira ...11:27 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan summons senior Indian envoy over expulsion of 2 officials on ...11:21 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Students of grade 1-12 will be promoted without taking exams: Sindh ...10:52 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 72,460 cases of coronavirus – 1,5 43 confirmed ...10:10 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan has cheapest fuel cost in South Asia, says PM Iman11:56 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Shahroz Sabzwari, Sadaf Kanwal tie the knot amid COVID-1908:09 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Raising a daughter is a huge responsibility: Humaima Malick05:08 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020