PIA fires chief operations officer Zia Qureshi
The termination letter of the former PIA COO details that Qureshi was terminated after a bi-annual performance review of his tenure indicated that he had failed to perform his duties to the required standard.
According to the PIA, Qureshi did not attend the meeting called for evaluating his performance despite two pleas from the airline’s management – once because of ill health, and on another occasion, on which he failed to provide a reason for his absence.
Qureshi’s replacement is yet to be named.
“Our biggest challenge was that there was no business plan that we could improve on. After much deliberation, we have drafted a very good and practical plan, and a great ten has evolved to implement it,” COO PIA ,Zia Qadir Qureshi, discusses the challenges & future plans of #PIA pic.twitter.com/VNfgcBbhfq— PIA (@Official_PIA) January 23, 2018
PIA also removed its chief financial officer (CFO) from his position on Friday. Nayyar Hayat was removed as CFO and would now conduct a “high-profile audit” ordered by the Supreme Court on May 31, according to PIA’s spokesperson Mashood Tajwar.
“Hayat will monitor the special audit and ensure that it complies with the SC’s directives,” the spokesman added.
- PIA raises airfares for Saudi Arabia flights by upto Rs49,00012:04 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- US imposes new sanctions on Iran’s Defense Ministry09:47 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani documentary selected as finalist for Resistance ...09:13 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- TECNO’s launches Hero Phone Spark 6 in Pakistan08:24 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Cavit Çetin Güner and Sadia Khan follow each other on Instagram05:10 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Emmys 2020: Jennifer Aniston hosts surprise ‘Friends‘ reunion04:07 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Aiman Khan, Muneeb Butt celebrate Amal’s first birthday01:53 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020