Virat Kohli fan’s bail plea rejected
Umar Daraz, 22, was jailed on January 26 for celebrating with India’s tricolour after batting star Kohli’s 90 not out led his team to victory over Australia in a Twenty20 match in Adelaide. The act was termed “against the ideology of Pakistan” by police.
Talking to the media outside the court, Daraz’s lawyer Azeem Amir Bhatti said that now he would appeal in the session court.
Regional Police officer Faisal Rana had said at the time of Daraz’s arrest that could face up to 10 years in prison and a fine. “Daraz initially told us that he is a true Pakistani but likes (Indian) Kohli and never knew that was a crime,” Rana told media.
“His act is against our country’s sovereignty and is against the ideology of Pakistan.” Rana also accused Daraz of having large posters of Kohli pasted on the walls of his home.
- Wahab Riaz and Muhammad Waseem help New York Strikers strike down ...03:15 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Indian singer Jubin Nautiyal rushed to hospital with multiple ...02:49 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Punjab education minister shares update on early winter vacations, ...02:22 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Encouraging Players to Continue With Risk-Taking Can Be Difficult in ...01:47 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Meet Waleed Malik, Pakistani doctor who sets new record with 29 gold ...01:24 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Ayesha Omar’s bold pictures at beach set internet on fire11:58 AM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Meet Pakistan's most streamed Spotify artist of the year08:36 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Pakistani TikTok sensation Ayesha's new videos shock her fans09:59 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022