LHC seeks reply from government on lifesaving medicine price hike
In a notification issued to the Drug Regulatory Authority in this regard, the court sought a reply from the federal and the provincial governments on the issue of the rise in medicine prices.
LHC’s Justice Shahid Waheed was hearing the petition filed by Advocate Nadeem Sarwar challenging the price hike.
The petitioner stated that the government has increased the lifesaving medicine price from 9% to 15%, instead of providing relief to the masses.
Pakistani workers on minimum wage spend 39.5% of ... 06:22 PM | 17 Jan, 2019
LAHORE - At the beginning of every year, minimum wages are updated in many countries. However, the concept of a minimum ...
He maintained that the government’s decision to raise the price of life-saving drugs was against the law as it violated articles 9 and 38d of the Constitution.
Earlier the Drug Regulatory Authority of Pakistan (DRAP) issued a notification regarding the increase of up to 15% in the price of medicines with the approval of the federal government.
- PM Imran congratulates newly-elected Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi10:12 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 — Islamabad United and Multan Sultans to fight it out ...08:18 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Matric students to prepare board exams through Exam Prep Master ...05:49 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Madhuri Dixit and Jaaved Jaaferi set the stage on fire with killer ...05:00 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Zara Noor Abbas lands in hot waters after latest photoshoot04:06 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021