LHC seeks reply from government on lifesaving medicine price hike
In a notification issued to the Drug Regulatory Authority in this regard, the court sought a reply from the federal and the provincial governments on the issue of the rise in medicine prices.
LHC’s Justice Shahid Waheed was hearing the petition filed by Advocate Nadeem Sarwar challenging the price hike.
The petitioner stated that the government has increased the lifesaving medicine price from 9% to 15%, instead of providing relief to the masses.
Pakistani workers on minimum wage spend 39.5% of ... 06:22 PM | 17 Jan, 2019
LAHORE - At the beginning of every year, minimum wages are updated in many countries. However, the concept of a minimum ...
He maintained that the government’s decision to raise the price of life-saving drugs was against the law as it violated articles 9 and 38d of the Constitution.
Earlier the Drug Regulatory Authority of Pakistan (DRAP) issued a notification regarding the increase of up to 15% in the price of medicines with the approval of the federal government.
- Is poverty an unsolvable problem in Pakistan?04:38 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- ISI chief to be appointed before next Friday as matter settled ...03:25 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: Oman win the toss and elect to field first against ...02:37 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Ayesha Omar faces severe backlash for wearing bold dress01:35 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Vicky Kaushal spills the beans on engagement plans with Katrina Kaif11:26 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021