The 'royal wedding' that cost PIA passengers heavily
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's grand daughter and Maryam Nawaz's daughter, Mahnoor Safdar was married in Jeddah, but the PIA passengers had to bear the brunt of this wedding.
New York to Lahore bound flight got delayed for 17 hours because the prime minister's relatives were flown to attend his grand daughter's wedding in Jeddah, revealed the flight's cabin crew.
Passengers protested at the New York airport against the delay in PIA flight PK-722. The flight was suppose to take off from the New York airport at 9am Eastern Standard Time (EST) on July 14, but the passengers were informed that due to unavoidable reasons, the flight will be delayed for 13 hours and the plane will take off at 10:45pm EST.
Passengers came to the airport at the given time to find out the flight was further delayed for two hours. The flight finally took off at 2:30am EST with the delay of 17 hours. PIA officials did not provide any reasons for the delay.
On boarding, already frustrated passengers found PIA crew had failed to clean the plane after the last flight. They protested against the irresponsible and callous attitude of the crew, but to no avail.
After transporting 'special guests' of the prime minister to Jeddah, Flight PK-722 flew to New York without any passengers, which resulted in the loss of revenue.
- Ferozsons Laboratories salutes Healthcare Heroes by lighting National ...11:52 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Watch: Filling station worker douses ‘robbers’ with fuel11:21 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Pakistan Army captain among three soldiers martyred in Waziristan ...11:02 PM | 5 May, 2021
- 100 DG Khan students graduate from US-funded English Access program10:09 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartwarming video from her Baat Paki celebration02:50 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Nazish Jahangir sheds light on the controversy with Mohsin Abbas ...02:10 PM | 5 May, 2021