Balochistan presents Rs419.92 billion budget for FY2019-20
Speaking on the occasion, Buledi said Rs126 billion have been allocated for development and over Rs257 billion for non-development expenditures while the deficit of the budget is about Rs49 billion.
He said that over Rs60 billion have been set aside for education sector whereas Rs44.6 billion have been allocated to improve the law and order situation.
Education expenditure has been increased by 10 per cent, health expenditure by 26pc, social protection by a whopping 468pc and law and order by 11.7pc, according to a booklet distributed in the provincial assembly.
Social welfare expenditures in the FY2019-20 budget include: Education: Rs58.143b; Health: Rs26.04b; Social protection: Rs5.6b; Law and order: Rs38.59b; Salaries: Rs151.3b; and Pensions: Rs33.783b.
Shehbaz Sharif rips apart govt for 'IMF-dictated ... 01:56 PM | 19 Jun, 2019
ISLAMABAD - Leader of the Opposition in the National Assembly, Shehbaz Sharif fired a broadside at the incumbent regime ...
Former Balochistan chief minister Nawab Aslam Raisani termed the budget as "anti-people", while Balochistan National Party-Mengal's Sanaullah Baloch said that the government had "failed to address key concerns of the masses".
- Inzamam discharged from hospital after heart procedure12:35 AM | 29 Sep, 2021
- Britain puts army on standby as fuel supply crisis deepens amid panic ...11:37 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Security forces kill 10 terrorists including four commanders in ...10:49 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Taliban warn US, others against ‘encroaching on Afghan airspace’10:26 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- American superstar R. Kelly found guilty in sex trafficking trial04:59 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Famous YouTubers Shomaila and Hassam part ways04:09 PM | 28 Sep, 2021