Court summons Khawaja Asif, Naveed Qamar for testimony in Nandipur project case
AC-II Judge Arshad Malik conducted hearing on a reference filed by NAB regarding loss worth Rs 27 billion due to delay in project execution and summoned the duo on March 21st.
The court had already indicted former prime minister Raja Pervaiz Ashraf, ex-law minister Baber Awan and others as accused, though they all pleaded not guilty to the charges.
During the hearing on Tuesday, the first prosecution witnesses and section officer Ministry of Water and Power Muhammad Naeem appeared before the court and sought a ten-day time to record his statement and to collect some record.
Babar Awan indicted in Nandipur reference 12:57 PM | 11 Mar, 2019
ISLAMABAD - An accountability court in Islamabad indicted Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf leader Babar Awan and seven other ...
At this request, Baber Awan pleaded that the witness had nothing to present against the accused and the court had already given six days to the prosecution to produce witnesses and evidence.
However, Naeem said that he was not a witness against Baber Awan rather he was a record custodian.
Upon this, the NAB prosecutor requested the judge to grant some time as witness wanted to arrange the documents to be produced before the court.
Hearing the arguments from both sides, the court granted two days time to the witness and observed that the court would start testimony on next hearing.
NAB prosecutor suggested the court to first summon two former ministers for testimony who were also prosecution witnesses.
Babar Awan, however, objected to summoning the minister and argued that Khawaja Asif and Naveed Qamar had been accused of NAB references.
"The prosecution wanted to present his political rivals as its witnesses against him," Babar pleaded.
During the hearing Baber Awan and NAB prosecutor exchanged heated remarks, however, Judge Arshad Malik intervened and remarked that this was not a code of conduct for a courtroom.
Former prime minister Pervaiz Ashraf, ex-secretary Shahid Rafi and ex-joint secretary Riaz Mehmood skipped today's hearing.
- Pak Suzuki increases prices of all its passenger cars11:37 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Deepika Padukone gears up for own stunts in SRK starrer 'Pathan'11:06 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Ahmed Khan shares the simple secret for Social Media Marketing Success10:51 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Sharmila Faruqui comes face to face with Nadia Khan for mocking her ...10:21 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Virat Kohli breaks two records of Indian cricket, surpassing three ...09:50 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- UK man who advertised himself on matrimonial billboards gives an ...06:45 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Video of Iqra Aziz and Yasir Hussain riding an elephant goes viral06:25 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Xulfi accused of plagiarising Coke Studio’s ‘Tu Jhoom’ melody05:00 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021