A new bill approved to punish culprits in child abuse cases
The bill states that the offenders guilty of abuse would be sentenced to life imprisonment, while the perpetrators who persuade the children and film them would be sentenced to seven years.
The bill also says that the minimum age for a child to be held responsible for the offence should be 10 years.
It further states that the culprits involved in child abuse can be arrested without warrants.
The move comes in light of Kasur’s massive child abuse scandal, termed the biggest in the country's history, which revealed that around 400 videos were made of 280 minor victims by the organised gang of over 25 criminals in Hussain Khanwala village.
- UK announces test and quarantine rules for travelers as Omicron ...09:57 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan reports 303 fresh covid cases, positivity rate stays below ...09:24 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:04 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 28 November 202108:38 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Barbados all set to remove Queen Elizabeth as head of state next week12:44 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021