Sindh govt renames Karachi's Civil Hospital after Dr Ruth Pfau
KARACHI - Sindh government has issued a notification renaming Civil Hospital to Dr Ruth K.M. Pfau “in recognition of [her] services in medical field".
The Chief Minister of Sindh, Syed Murad Ali Shah on Saturday, directed the Chief Secretary to issue a notification.
Chief Minister Sindh issues directives to name Civil Hospital as "Dr Ruth K M Pfau Civil Hospital" in Karachi. Notification Issued Today. pic.twitter.com/u0aPgKez1r— Broadcaster (@zulfqaralishah) August 19, 2017
The hospital will be renamed with an immediate effect.
Dr Pfau who dedicated a lifetime to fighting leprosy in the country was laid to rest at Karachi's Gora Qabristan with full state honours on Saturday.
Among the dignitaries who attended the burial of Pakistan's humanitarian hero were President Mamnoon Hussain, Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman, IG Sindh, Corps Commander Karachi, DG Rangers, Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa and Governor Sindh Muhammad Zubair.
German-Pakistani national Dr Ruth breathed her last after a prolonged illness on August 10, 2017 at a private hospital in Karachi. She was 87.
She is only the second person to be accorded a state funeral in 29 years, with the last one offered for late philanthropist Abdul Sattar Edhi in 2016.
- Huawei Nova 7i – The hottest selling secret weapon of mobile gamers06:05 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 95,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,935 confirmed ...03:31 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- One boy died, another badly hurt due to dogs biting02:25 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Zaheer Abbas looks like Money Heist‘s 'Professor’, says Mehwish ...02:24 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pakistani celebrities who never endorsed fairness products01:50 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020