Sindh govt renames Karachi's Civil Hospital after Dr Ruth Pfau
KARACHI - Sindh government has issued a notification renaming Civil Hospital to Dr Ruth K.M. Pfau “in recognition of [her] services in medical field".
The Chief Minister of Sindh, Syed Murad Ali Shah on Saturday, directed the Chief Secretary to issue a notification.
Chief Minister Sindh issues directives to name Civil Hospital as "Dr Ruth K M Pfau Civil Hospital" in Karachi. Notification Issued Today. pic.twitter.com/u0aPgKez1r— Broadcaster (@zulfqaralishah) August 19, 2017
The hospital will be renamed with an immediate effect.
Dr Pfau who dedicated a lifetime to fighting leprosy in the country was laid to rest at Karachi's Gora Qabristan with full state honours on Saturday.
Among the dignitaries who attended the burial of Pakistan's humanitarian hero were President Mamnoon Hussain, Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman, IG Sindh, Corps Commander Karachi, DG Rangers, Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa and Governor Sindh Muhammad Zubair.
German-Pakistani national Dr Ruth breathed her last after a prolonged illness on August 10, 2017 at a private hospital in Karachi. She was 87.
She is only the second person to be accorded a state funeral in 29 years, with the last one offered for late philanthropist Abdul Sattar Edhi in 2016.
- I take a break whenever the noise in my head reaches its peak: Zaira ...11:27 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan summons senior Indian envoy over expulsion of 2 officials on ...11:21 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Students of grade 1-12 will be promoted without taking exams: Sindh ...10:52 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 72,460 cases of coronavirus – 1,5 43 confirmed ...10:10 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan has cheapest fuel cost in South Asia, says PM Iman11:56 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Shahroz Sabzwari, Sadaf Kanwal tie the knot amid COVID-1908:09 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Raising a daughter is a huge responsibility: Humaima Malick05:08 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020