Fakhar Zaman becomes first Pakistani to score double hundred in ODI matches
Fakhar Zaman scored a brilliant 210 not out off 156 balls, an innings studded with 24 boundaries and 5 sixes.
— Sarfraz Ali (@ItsSarfrazAli) July 20, 2018
The Pakistan left-hander is the sixth international cricketer to cross the 200-run mark in ODIs. Apart from Fakhar Zaman, India's Rohit Sharma, New Zealand's Martin Guptill, India's Virender Sehwag, West Indies' Chris Gayle and India batting legend Sachin Tendulkar have reached the landmark score.
Zakhar Zaman, along with Imam-ul-Haq also broke the all-time opening partnership in ODI history. The Pakistan duo went past Sri Lanka's Sanath Jayasuriya and Upul Tharanga to break the all-time opening partnership record. Zaman and Imam formed a huge 304-run opening stand before the latter was dismissed by Wellington Masakadza.
Rohit is the only cricketer to have scored a double century thrice in his ODI career. He scored 209 against Australia in Bengaluru in 2013, 264 against Sri Lanka in Kolkata in 2014 and smashed an unbeaten 208 against Sri Lanka in Mohali in 2017.
Master blaster Tendulkar was the first cricketer to achieve this feat. He scored 200 not out against South Africa in Gwalior in 2010.
Sehwag became the second man after Tendulkar to cross the 200-run mark. The former India batsman scored 219 runs against West Indies in Indore in 2011.
West Indies' swashbuckling batsman Gayle scored a blistering 215 against Zimbabwe in Canberra in 2015. Gayle has smashed 16 sixes and 10 boundaries in his knock.
New Zealand's Gutptill achieved the milestone against West Indies in Wellington in 2015 when he scored an unbeaten 237 off 163 balls.
Double centurions in ODIs:
Sachin Tendulkar (India) 200* vs South Africa in 2010
Virender Sehwag (India) 219 vs West Indies in 2011
Rohit Sharma (India) 209 vs Australia in 2013
Rohit Sharma (India) 264 vs Sri Lanka in 2014
Chris Gayle (West Indies) 215 vs Zimbabwe in 2015
Martin Guptill (New Zealand) 237* vs West Indies in 2015
Rohit Sharma (India) 208* vs Sri Lanka in 2017
Fakhar Zaman (Pakistan) 210* vs Zimbabwe in 2018
- PakvsNZ: Another Pakistan cricketer tests positive for COVID-1911:06 AM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan Steel Mills fires over 4,500 employees10:26 AM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Body of Nawaz Sharif’s mother arrives in Pakistan09:27 AM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Bilawal attends Bakhtawar's engagement through video link10:45 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- Bakhtawar drops first picture with fiancé Mahmood post-engagement09:59 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020