Coronavirus: Govt dispatches 17 tonnes food for Pakistani students in Wuhan
ISLAMABAD - The government on Friday dispatched at least 17 tonnes of ‘Halal food’ for Pakistani students stranded in Wuhan city of China due to coronavirus outbreak.
A special aircraft of Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has left today for China, carrying approximately a 15-day food supply for some 1,300 Pakistani students residing in the city of Hubei Province, said the Ministry of Overseas Pakistanis and Human Resource Development (OP&HRD) in a statement issued here.
“On return, this same aircraft will bring medical aid from China to contain the coronavirus,” the ministry added.
In the statement, Special Assistant to the Prime Minister for Overseas Pakistan Sayed Zulfikar Abbas Bukhari extended his gratitude to all the stakeholders including the National Disaster Management Authority and the PAF for assisting the government in fulfilling the promise it made with parents of the students.
“As promised, Pakistani cooked food rations and supplies for our people in Wuhan have been dispatched,” he said.
Zulfi said the facilitation of overseas Pakistanis was the government’s topmost priority. He said there were strict instructions of Prime Minister Imran Khan that special care of all the Pakistani students in China should be ensured.
- Chinese retailer Shein issues an apology for profiting off Muslim ...04:17 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- KSA indicates health standards as primary criteria for Hajj pilgrims03:10 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- LHC extends Shehbaz Sharif's bail in assets beyond means case02:09 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Usman Mukhtars short film 'Bench' wins at South Shore Film Festival ...01:32 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Sushant Singh Rajput's fan honors the late actor by naming a star ...12:44 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020