Punjab govt releases Rs20 million to renovate, expand Krishna temple in Rawalpindi
Krishna temple is the only functioning Hindu temple in the twin cities of Rawalpindi and Islamabad. There are two prayers held at the temple every day — one in the morning and one in the evening — which are attended by six or seven people.
Mohammad Asif, the Evacuee Trust Property Board (ETPB) Deputy Administrator, said the government has released Rs 20 million to reconstruct the temple at the request of a member of provincial assembly.
The small temple was built by Kanji Mal and Ujagar Mal Ram Rachpal in 1897 to serve people in nearby areas. After Partition, it became the only place of worship for Rawalpindi’s Hindus.
- Rachel Levine sworn in as first openly transgender four-star admiral ...01:34 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- SC decides to probe delay in local bodies’ restoration in Punjab01:08 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Owaisi, other Indian politicians demand cancellation of ...12:36 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Shaukat Tarin returns to US as IMF talks headed in ‘right ...11:53 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan slips 10 places to 130th position in Rule of Law Index11:32 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Kumail Nanjiani dressed up in a Pakistani designer at Eternals ...02:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new fashion look gets trolled by netizens05:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Alka Yagnik has the sweetest birthday wish for Imran Abbas05:10 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021