Another drone strike kills 12 suspected militants near Pak-Afghan border
KABUL - At least 12 suspected militants were allegedly killed in a drone strike in Afghanistan's Paktia province on Friday.
According to security sources, a suspected United States (US) drone fired six missiles, killing 12 'militants' and wounding several others.
The attack took place in Khosh Kurram, Afghanistan and is the fifth strike this week. Earlier, Jamaat-ul-Ahrar chief Umar Khorasani was killed in a strike in Paktia along with nine of his associates.
APS mastermind Umar Khorasani killed in ... 03:41 PM | 18 Oct, 2017
RAWALPINDI - A top militant commander, believed to be the mastermind of Army Public School massacre, has been killed in ...
The recent swell in drone strikes in the Pak-Afghan border region appears to be the implementation of US President Donald Trump's harsh policy regarding South-Asia as envisaged in his August 22nd address.
Reacting to the criticism, the Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif and ISPR, the army's media wing, had both claimed that the strikes had been carried out in Afghan territory and Pakistan's airspace had not been violated, amid speculation that the strikes had targeted militants inside Pakistani territory.
- US Ambassador Donald Blome says devastation caused by Pakistan floods ...11:50 PM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022