Senator FarhatUllah Babar resigns from Senate's Standing Committee on Defense
The senior politician, however, did not comment on this development. But, he raised some questions over parliamentarians visit to the General Headquarters (GHQ) last month.
Babar, after his resignation, said that GHQ was asked to produce documents by the parliament. However, it was told that the documents are of sensitive nature thus can't be brought out of the GHQ. But can the GHQ not ensure security of sensitive documents for even 15 kilometers? asked the Senator.
"GHQ should come to the parliament rather than the parliament visiting the GHQ", he said. Senator Farooq H. Naik has been nominated to take Farhat's place.
Last month, members of the standing committees of defense of Senate and National Assembly has visited the GHQ, where they met high command of army. During this visit, Army Chief Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa had said that he wanted an increased interaction with the parliament.
- President, PM express grief over martyrdom of Army officers in ...12:18 PM | 26 Sep, 2022
- When is Eid Milad-un Nabi 2022? Here's everything you need to know ...11:52 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Leaked audio clips of PM Shehbaz, ministers up for sale on dark web: ...11:24 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Two Pakistan Army majors among 6 martyred in Balochistan chopper crash10:49 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Sonya Hussyn seen at concert in Toronto after Hum Awards ceremony11:53 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Sehar Khan jokes about Faysal Quraishi's bright coloured shirt10:19 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- 'Are we sick?' asks Ali Zafar in note on moral standards of society09:16 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022