Child worker brutally tortured by Army major in Rawalpindi (VIDEO)
In another case of violence on child workers, Major Ammara Riaz would beat Kenza Bashir with a waist belt and rope denying her food or sleep.
On Saturday, the 11-year-old was taken back to her native town of Samundari, in Faisalabad, by her father after she managed to share her plight in a video.
Taking notice of the incident, the Rawalpindi CCPO has suspended an assistant sub-inspector (ASI) over the flawed investigation.
"We will be following it to ensure FIR registration and further action. Child is Kenza Bashir. Her father initially denied violence happened. Now an ASI has been suspended for wrong investigation," Minister Dr. Mazari said in her tweet.
"A police team has been sent to Samundri to bring back the child and her parents. After medical examination an FIR will be registered," the minister stated further.
- Pakistan allows AstraZeneca shots for expats under 4009:33 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan announces increase in petrol prices09:15 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- COAS Bajwa presides over Formation Commanders’ Conference08:52 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Sindh earmarks Rs22.8 billion for college education08:22 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat wants the Muslim misrepresentation in movies to change05:10 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Lost Cause - Alizeh Shah is a Billie Eilish fan girl03:21 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021