Fake warden arrested in Gujranwala after 10 years
The suspect has been identified as Shahzad Anwar and belongs to Addowal area of Gujrat.
According to the traffic police, an unlicensed pistol, photocopies of CNICs, a fake service card and some money was recovered from his possession.
"Shahzad Anwar has been fooling people for 10 years in a traffic warden's uniform. We recovered Rs12,000 and a pistol with eight to 10 bullets from him," said SSP Ghulam Abbas Tarar.
"He makes fake documents as well. The investigation will reveal what other crimes he is involved in."
The initial investigation revealed that Anwar was attending official gatherings and his phone had pictures of him posing with multiple police officials and politicians.
At the time of his arrest, he was wearing the uniform and carrying a challan book. He also had a traffic police department motorcycle.
However, Anwar says he just loves wearing the uniform and denied issuing challans to anyone.
- Islamabad police won’t release CCTV footage showing Noor ...11:25 PM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Taliban, China promise not to interfere in each other's affairs11:04 PM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto celebrates husband’s 33rd birthday in style09:27 PM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat shares her two cents on patriarchal violence07:58 PM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Katrina Kaif’s new swimming pool photo sets internet on fire05:32 PM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021