Fake warden arrested in Gujranwala after 10 years
The suspect has been identified as Shahzad Anwar and belongs to Addowal area of Gujrat.
According to the traffic police, an unlicensed pistol, photocopies of CNICs, a fake service card and some money was recovered from his possession.
"Shahzad Anwar has been fooling people for 10 years in a traffic warden's uniform. We recovered Rs12,000 and a pistol with eight to 10 bullets from him," said SSP Ghulam Abbas Tarar.
"He makes fake documents as well. The investigation will reveal what other crimes he is involved in."
The initial investigation revealed that Anwar was attending official gatherings and his phone had pictures of him posing with multiple police officials and politicians.
At the time of his arrest, he was wearing the uniform and carrying a challan book. He also had a traffic police department motorcycle.
However, Anwar says he just loves wearing the uniform and denied issuing challans to anyone.
- Pakistan reports lowest daily COVID-19 cases since March08:50 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 19 June 202108:27 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- ‘Flying Sikh’ Milkha Singh dies at 91 from Covid-19 complications01:25 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Indian villagers set up 'Corona Mata' temple to ward off deadly virus01:08 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- USAID provides more anti-Covid assistance to Pakistan10:53 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Bollywood diva Anushka Sharma spotted enjoying English summer05:55 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Lovebirds Nimra and Asad give major holiday goals with latest clicks03:13 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Take a tour of Meesha Shafi's Canadian bungaloft04:36 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021