PM Nawaz meets British counterpart Theresa May in New York
NEW YORK (Usman Shami) - Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif met with British Prime Minister Theresa May here at New York today.
Highlighting the fast deteriorating situation in the Indian Occupied Jammu & Kashmir, the Prime Minister said that our support for Kashmiri people in their just and legitimate struggle for self determination and our commitment to the Kashmir Cause are absolutely non negotiable. We will not disappoint our Kashmiri brethren at any cost; we will keep on reminding the international community of its decades old commitments that have not been honored till today.
Gross human rights violations and brutal state oppression in the Indian Occupied Kashmir are at their peak; it is the duty of the international community to ask India to immediately end state attrocities on innocent and defenceless Kashmiri people, the Prime Minister emphasized.
The Prime Minister requested the British Prime Minister to play her role in convincing India to stop brutal use of force. The people of Jammu & Kashmir must be allowed to chose their destiny and longstanding resolutions of the UNSC on the right to self determination of the Kashmiri people need to be implemented, the Prime Minister stated.
If the international community does not succeed in asking India to immediately end state oppression on the innocent people in Jammu & Kashmir, India will be encouraged to increase the intensity of the continuing state attrocities, the Prime Minister remarked.
Ms Theresa May appreciated Pakistan's role in eradicating terrorism and extremism from the country. The British Prime Minister lauded the economic turnaround achieved by the present democratic government, achieving growth targets and putting the country on the development path. Ms. May acknowledged Pakistan's role in bringing lasting peace in Afghanistan.
The Prime Minister said that a stable and prosperous Afghanistan is in the interest of Pakistan.
The British Prime Minister especially appreciated the constructive role of Pakistani diaspora in the economic development of the United Kingdom. Issues of bilateral significance also came under discussion during the meeting.
Advisor to Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs, SAPM and Foreign Secretary were also present during the meeting.
- Bismah excited to lead Pakistan in ICC Women’s T20 WC03:50 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- UBG congratulates Anjum Nisar for becoming president of FPCCI03:44 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Mahira Khan asks Shireen Mazari for an update on the Zainab bill02:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HUM Style Awards 2020 nominations are out02:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019