Ch Nisar expected to take oath this week
Former interior minister, who had won the one PA seat in July 2018 elections, has not taken his oath till date. The PML-N leader contested two National Assembly and two provincial seats and could only manage to secure his PA-10 constituency seat.
The media report suggested that Nisar could be a strong contender for the position of chief minister if Usman Buzdar is removed from office by Prime Minister Imran Khan.
On the other hand, the prime minister expressed confidence in the leadership of his Punjab chief minister during a meeting on Saturday.
Nisar contested as an independent candidate and lost to Pakistan Tehreem-e-Insaf’s Ghulam Sarwar Khan in both seats of NA-59 and NA-63. He managed to win his seat in the provincial assembly and he has yet to take oath on it.
However, it is not clear who will support estranged PML-N leader for the position of CM Punjab.
- A Star-studded Launch of the realme 8 Series Awaits with a ...06:59 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Historic as 4-year-old Pakistani girl becomes youngest Microsoft ...06:26 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- IHC rejects plea seeking cancellation of O/A level exams06:08 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM: Zimbabwe beat Pakistan by 19 runs in second T20I05:19 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani ACCA topper Zara Dar pens a heartwarming note about parents04:36 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Queen Elizabeth II shares a thankful note on 95th birthday03:38 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Actress Sumbul Shahid in critical condition after contracting Covid-1910:01 AM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021