PFA stops supply of 15 frozen meat products of six companies
LAHORE - Punjab Food Authority (PFA) on Sunday removed 3,753 packets of six meat companies from the market over failure to meet the food safety standards by sharing laboratory results of frozen meat products with media for the public interest.
The authority had taken samples of 115 products of seven companies under the Sampling Schedule for 2019.
According to available information, PFA removed 2,915 packets of K&N's, 544 packets of Seasons, 127 packets of Man Salwa, 164 packets of Hamza Foods, 100 packets of Neat Foods and three packets of Sabroso.
Moreover, the authority has issued fine tickets and served improvement notices to food business operators of meat companies owing to fail their 16 products on a quality basis.
These products are not harmful for human consumption, however, improvement space is always present.
PFA Director General Capt (r) Muhammad Usman said PFA had sealed the supply of all failed brands at their factories in order to ensure the availability of quality meat in the market of Punjab.
He said the supply of failed brands would remain suspended until they bring reforms according to the PFA.
Muhammad Usman said PFA would check frozen meat products two times in a year as per annual sampling schedule.
He added that PFA was taking indiscriminate action against food business operators in the light of laboratory report.
He said the purpose of the continuous checking of food points was to ensure the provision of safe and healthy food for the public.
- Pakistan has cheapest fuel cost in South Asia, says PM Iman11:56 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Two Pakistan High commission officials asked to leave India in 24 ...10:40 PM | 31 May, 2020
- ‘History in Making’ — Pakistani plane flies directly to US for ...10:07 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Petrol price slashed by Rs7.06 per litre in Pakistan09:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Raising a daughter is a huge responsibility: Humaima Malick05:08 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020