PFA stops supply of 15 frozen meat products of six companies
The authority had taken samples of 115 products of seven companies under the Sampling Schedule for 2019.
According to available information, PFA removed 2,915 packets of K&N's, 544 packets of Seasons, 127 packets of Man Salwa, 164 packets of Hamza Foods, 100 packets of Neat Foods and three packets of Sabroso.
Moreover, the authority has issued fine tickets and served improvement notices to food business operators of meat companies owing to fail their 16 products on a quality basis.
These products are not harmful for human consumption, however, improvement space is always present.
PFA Director General Capt (r) Muhammad Usman said PFA had sealed the supply of all failed brands at their factories in order to ensure the availability of quality meat in the market of Punjab.
He said the supply of failed brands would remain suspended until they bring reforms according to the PFA.
Muhammad Usman said PFA would check frozen meat products two times in a year as per annual sampling schedule.
He added that PFA was taking indiscriminate action against food business operators in the light of laboratory report.
He said the purpose of the continuous checking of food points was to ensure the provision of safe and healthy food for the public.
- Historic as 4-year-old Pakistani girl becomes youngest Microsoft ...06:26 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- IHC rejects plea seeking cancellation of O/A level exams06:08 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM: Zimbabwe beat Pakistan by 19 runs in second T20I05:19 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Queen Elizabeth II shares a thankful note on 95th birthday03:38 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Actress Sumbul Shahid in critical condition after contracting Covid-1910:01 AM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021