PM Khan condemns terrorist attack near Afghan presidential palace on Eid
In a statement, he said the cowardly strikes carried out on the occasion of a religious festival reflected the defeatist mindset [of the terrorists].
Pakistan stands along with the international community to eliminate the menace of terrorism, Khan said.
The Pakistan Foreign Office also condemned the attack and urged all parties to respond to Afghan government’s offer for a ceasefire.
Pakistan condemns rocket attacks on Kabul close to the presidential palace during Eid prayers and urges all parties to respond to the Afghan Government’s ceasefire offer.— Spokesperson 🇵🇰 MoFA (@ForeignOfficePk) August 21, 2018
“Pakistan condemns rocket attacks on Kabul close to the presidential palace during Eid prayers and urges all parties to respond to the Afghan Government’s ceasefire offer,” Foreign Office spokesperson Dr Mohammad Faisal tweeted.
The assault, which took place near the presidential palace and a mosque, came as President Ashraf Ghani was making a speech marking the first day of the Eid-ul-Azha holiday.
Two hurt as multiple rockets land near ... 11:57 AM | 21 Aug, 2018
KABUL – At least nine rockets landed in Afghanistan’s capital city on Tuesday at a time when President Ashraf Ghani ...
Initial reports indicate the rockets were fired at the Presidential Palace and around the Green Zone, hurting two people, who were rushed to the hospital.
Two of the militants have been killed by security forces in the ongoing clashes, reported local media.
"There are groups that continuing the violence and with the firing of rockets they cannot stop the people of Afghanistan's development," Ghani said in response to rocket attacks, apparently aimed at him.
The attack comes as the Taliban rejected a ceasefire offer from the Afghan government on Monday, saying they would continue with their attacks.
- At least 3 players, 5 staff members contract Covid ahead of PSL 202209:52 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan reports 6,540 new Covid infections, 12 deaths as uptick ...09:27 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:08 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 22 January 202208:42 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Setting a new standard for smartphones in our changing world11:32 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities condemn tragic Lahore blast04:49 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Why did Princess Diana express interest in interfaith marriage and ...07:13 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- 11 Pakistani films to be screened at Dubai Expo Film Festival05:14 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021