Pak-China joint int'l air exercise Shaheen-VII concludes
To mark the conclusion this exercise, an august culmination ceremony was held, where Air Marshal Muhammad Haseeb Paracha, Deputy Chief of the Air Staff (Operations) was the chief guest, a PAF press release said.
Major General Chen Wenrong, Defence Attaché from Embassy of the Peoples Republic of China was also present at the occasion.
The high-ranking officials of both the countries were given a comprehensive debrief on the exercise.
Air Marshal Muhammad Haseeb Paracha highlighted the significance of the joint venture and appreciated the personnel of both air forces for the smooth conduct of the exercise.
Major General Chen Wenrong, in his address, thanked the PAF high command for offering traditional hospitality and providing the opportunity to learn from each other experiences.
Earlier, the distinguished visitors day was also celebrated to mark the culmination of the joint exercise.
PAF war veterans, PLAAF officials, diplomats from the Chinese Embassy, retired and senior serving officers also attended the ceremony.
The distinguished guests visited the exercise Monitoring Cell to witness the conduct of the exercise. Later on, the guests witnessed the launched missions of PAF and PLAAF’s participating fighter Jets and support elements.
The main objective of the exercise was to maximize the combat readiness of the air forces by providing a realistic training environment in different air combat scenarios.
PAF has been participating in foreign exercises with leading and friendly air forces of the world.
These exercises have helped in giving invaluable experience to the PAF combat crew besides enhancing their professional competence.
On Dec 12, Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa witnessed the ongoing Pak-China International Air Exercise Shaheen-VII at an operational air base of Pakistan Air Force during his visit to Sindh province, according to Inter Services Public Relations.
The military’s media wing said, on his arrival, the army chief was received by Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan, Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force.
Interacting with combat crew, Gen Bajwa lauded professionalism of participants of exercise and appreciated the efforts of PAF and People’s Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) in conducting international air exercise in a befitting manner.
He also highlighted the exemplary relations between Pakistan-China, saying that exercise would further strengthen and promote the friendship, exchanges and cooperation between two great nations and armed forces of both countries.
China has sent its fighter jets, bombers and early warning AWACS planes to the exercise which will run until December 23.
Shaheen series of exercises between the two countries, who are close partners, began in March 2011 and has since gone through six major iterations.
Shaheen VII: Pakistan, China air forces launch ... 11:37 PM | 2 Dec, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The air forces of Pakistan and China launched seventh joint drills, dubbed Shaheen VII, at an operational ...
The exercise is seventh in the series of Shaheen exercises and is conducted each year on alternate basis.
- PIA starts Karachi-Damascus direct flights this month11:25 AM | 20 May, 2022
- Pakistan increases pensions of national cricketers by Rs100,00010:50 AM | 20 May, 2022
- U Bank holds Polo Cup 202210:13 AM | 20 May, 2022
- FM Bilawal Bhutto defends ex-PM Imran’s Russia visit in US10:10 AM | 20 May, 2022
- Pakistan’s ex-foreign minister Sardar Asif Ahmad dies in Lahore09:40 AM | 20 May, 2022
- Sunny Leone’s video of getting body massage goes viral06:50 PM | 19 May, 2022
- 'Willing to play Maryam Nawaz on-screen' – Saba Qamar reveals her ...05:55 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Yumna Zaidi and Merub Ali win hearts with latest video05:09 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022