UAE announces $3 billion package for Pakistan
The Abu Dhabi Fund for Development said in a statement on Friday that it will deposit the said amount in the coming days to enhance liquidity and monetary reserves of foreign currency at the Bank.
The country's support for Pakistan's fiscal policy is based on the historical ties between the two people and the two friendly countries and the desire to further develop the bilateral cooperation in all fields, the statement said.
It continued that the Abu Dhabi Fund for Development has financed eight development projects in Pakistan with a total value of AED1.5 billion, including AED931 million in grants.
"The funds covered projects in sectors such as energy, health, education and roads," the statement added.
Following the announcement, Prime Minister Imran Khan thanked the UAE government for supporting Pakistan.
I want to thank the UAE govt for supporting Pakistan so generously in our testing times. This reflects our commitment and friendship that has remained steadfast over the years.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) December 21, 2018
"...This reflects our commitment and friendship that has remained steadfast over the years," the premier said in a tweet.
The bailout package comes days after Pakistan received the second tranche of $1 billion from Oil-rich Saudi Arabia after which the country's foreign exchange reserves reached $8.26 billion.
Financial experts say the latest deposits will ease pressure on Pakistan’s foreign currency reserves and the rupee.
Incoming Saudi investment package 'biggest in ... 04:29 PM | 13 Dec, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Finance Minister Asad Umar said on Thursday that an incoming investment package from Saudi Arabia would be ...
The ruling Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf government has also approached China and is in negotiation with the International Monetary Fund to seek packages to support the economy.
Finance Minister Asad Umar had also claimed that the country's foreign exchange reserves have increased by 12.5 percent after the recent deposits.
- Gold price surges by Rs50 per tola in Pakistan10:54 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan successfully completes trial of Chinese herbal medicine for ...10:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- U19 World Cup: Pakistan set 316-run target for Zimbabwe09:47 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Kazakhstan ambassador meets COAS Bajwa, hails Pakistan’s role in ...09:22 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Nora Fatehi flaunts her ultra glam look in latest clicks05:34 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Sania Mirza all praise for the lovely bond between Anushka Sharma and ...07:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Ayesha Omar spotted enjoying vacations in Dubai04:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021