UAE announces $3 billion package for Pakistan
The Abu Dhabi Fund for Development said in a statement on Friday that it will deposit the said amount in the coming days to enhance liquidity and monetary reserves of foreign currency at the Bank.
The country's support for Pakistan's fiscal policy is based on the historical ties between the two people and the two friendly countries and the desire to further develop the bilateral cooperation in all fields, the statement said.
It continued that the Abu Dhabi Fund for Development has financed eight development projects in Pakistan with a total value of AED1.5 billion, including AED931 million in grants.
"The funds covered projects in sectors such as energy, health, education and roads," the statement added.
Following the announcement, Prime Minister Imran Khan thanked the UAE government for supporting Pakistan.
I want to thank the UAE govt for supporting Pakistan so generously in our testing times. This reflects our commitment and friendship that has remained steadfast over the years.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) December 21, 2018
"...This reflects our commitment and friendship that has remained steadfast over the years," the premier said in a tweet.
The bailout package comes days after Pakistan received the second tranche of $1 billion from Oil-rich Saudi Arabia after which the country's foreign exchange reserves reached $8.26 billion.
Financial experts say the latest deposits will ease pressure on Pakistan’s foreign currency reserves and the rupee.
Incoming Saudi investment package 'biggest in ... 04:29 PM | 13 Dec, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Finance Minister Asad Umar said on Thursday that an incoming investment package from Saudi Arabia would be ...
The ruling Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf government has also approached China and is in negotiation with the International Monetary Fund to seek packages to support the economy.
Finance Minister Asad Umar had also claimed that the country's foreign exchange reserves have increased by 12.5 percent after the recent deposits.
- PTI leaders react to Imran Khan’s audio leak about US cipher02:30 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- US Ambassador Donald Blome attends flag-lowering ceremony at Wagah ...02:05 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- JS Bank holds medical camps and food distribution in flood affected ...01:32 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- ‘We just have to play with it’: Imran Khan’s audio leak about ...01:03 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Mawra Hocane celebrates her birthday with a fun-filled video12:28 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Anil Kapoor sends birthday wishes to Pakistani fashion designer08:52 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Malala 'so grateful' to husband for holding her hand and awards09:15 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022