Jibran Nasir moves SC over Aamir Liaquat's 'contempt of court'
Nasir has alleged that the controversial programme was aired again on the 8th and 9th of February in an outright contempt of the apex court.
The show hosted by anchor Dr Amir Liaquat channel had defied the ban once again, as the Sindh High Court (SHC) withdrew its stay order granted earlier this month.
The withdrawal order came on an application filed by the Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (Pemra), which had also approached the high court. The court also issued notices to the management of the Labbaik (Pvt) Limited and the deputy attorney general to file their comments by February 22, when the next hearing is scheduled.
- Karachi police bust ‘burger gang’ involved in house robberies in ...10:30 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- PCB unveils team Pakistan’s official jersey for T20 World Cup08:45 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reopens shrines, cinemas for fully vaccinated visitors08:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Saba Qamar drops the first look from upcoming project 'Serial Killer'04:47 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat expresses love for Jennifer Lopez04:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Alizeh Shah's gorgeous bridal shoot wins hearts03:27 PM | 15 Oct, 2021