India presents Nawaz Sharif's 'damaging' statement as defense in Kulbhushan Jadhav case
Advocate Harish Salve, who is representing India before the ICJ in the Kulbhushan Jadhav case, cited the statement of Nawaz Sharif about Mumbai attacks which he made in an interview with leading daily, Dawn.
Salve while presenting the arguments alleged that Pakistan had admitted playing a role in the Mumbai terror attacks while quoting a statement of Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz supreme leader, Nawaz Sharif.
'Militant organisations are active. Call them non-state actors, should we allow them to cross the border and kill 150 people in Mumbai? Explain it to me. Why can’t we complete the trial?” the India representative read before the panel.
The said interview was given by the former prime minister - who was disqualified in the Panama Papers case and is facing jail term currently - in May 2018.
Soon after the commentary, a meeting of National Security Committee under the chair of then prime minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi was convened which had unanimously termed Sharif's statement as incorrect and misleading.
NSC rejects statement about Mumbai attacks as ... 01:15 PM | 14 May, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The National Security Committee has unanimously rejected the allegations and condemned the fallacious ...
"The participants observed that it was very unfortunate that the opinion arising out of either misconceptions or grievances was being presented in disregard of concrete facts and realities. The participants unanimously rejected the allegations and condemned the fallacious assertions," said a press release issued after the meeting.
The said NSC meeting was attended by then Defence and Foreign Minister Khurram Dastgir, Finance Minister Miftah Ismail, Foreign Secretary Tehmina Janjua, National Security Adviser Retired Lt General Nasser Khan Janjua, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee Gen Zubair Hayat, the director generals of Inter-Services Intelligence and Military Intelligence, and the three services chiefs.
- Imran Khan's billionaire friend wins defamation suit against Indian ...10:42 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani fans excited but were Ms. Marvel scenes really shot in ...08:59 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Search operation under way for missing French paraglider in Gilgit ...08:25 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Hassan Ali’s adorable birthday celebration with wife goes viral04:49 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Komal Baig blessed with a baby boy04:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022