Anti-state statements: Treason case registered against former US ambassador Hussain Haqqani
Haqqani, who is at the center of the Memogate scandal, was booked under Section 120-B, 120-A, 121-A 123-A of Pakistan Penal Code (PPC) by the Preedy police.
Advocate Moulvi Iqbal Haider filed a complaint seeking registration of a case against the former diplomat for allegedly committing heinous crimes by endangering the solidarity, integrity, and security of the country.
On February 15, the Supreme Court of Pakistan issued an arrest warrant for Former Pakistan Ambassador to United States Hussain Haqqani in Memogate scandal case.
The DG FIA said that they had issued a red warrant of Haqqani in order to bring back the culprit.
Earlier, the court, while hearing the Memogate case on Thursday, asked what measures the government had taken to bring back Husain Haqqani.
The SC was however assured by the Additional Attorney General (AAG) that all efforts will be made to bring back him to Pakistan.
The Memogate scandal erupted in 2011 when Pakistani-American businessman Mansoor Ijaz claimed to have received an ‘anti-army’ memo from Husain Haqqani, the then-Pakistan envoy in Washington DC, for US joint chiefs chairman Admiral Mike Mullen.
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:34 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan reports lowest number of daily COVID cases in two months as ...09:08 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 18 September 202108:42 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Taliban replace Afghanistan women's ministry with vice department12:43 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- HRW says India's ruling BJP targeting Modi govt critics12:22 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Malala proud of Angelina Jolie for writing a book for children04:55 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Dur-e-Fishan and Danish Taimoor pair up for upcoming drama Ishq e ...04:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Alka Yagnik super excited for Imran Abbas's new drama serial 'Amanat'04:12 PM | 17 Sep, 2021