PM Imran inaugurates 1,320MW Hub power plant under CPEC
The prime minister also addressed the inauguration ceremony at the occasion. Calling it a positive sign, he said that every kind of facility will be provided to assist the joint project.
The premier recommended that more coal should be brought from Thar to run this power plant. Around 6,000 Pakistani engineers are part of the team working on this project.
He further said that electricity is being produced from coal in Thar, adding that Pakistan is progressing due to the economic corridor's projects.
Calling corruption the biggest issue of the country, he said that it was corruption due to which heavy fine was imposed on Pakistan in Reko Diq case.
He made it clear that resolving the issues of Karachi was the responsibility of the provincial government, which is held by the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP). He also ordered planning to convert seawater into drinking water.
The prime minister earlier arrived in Karachi on a day-long visit where he held key meetings with the representatives of different political parties.
Members of the National Assembly and Sindh Assembly belonging to Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, MQM and Grand Democratic Alliance called on the prime minister, reported Radio Pakistan.
Federal Minister for Parliamentary Affairs Azam Swati, Federal Minister for Planning Khusro Bakhtyar, Federal Minister for Water Resources Faisal Vawda, Special Assistant to the PM on Petroleum Nadeem Babar and former finance minister Asad Umar accompanying the PM.
After his arrival, the prime minister met Governor Sindh Imran Ismail to discuss various issues.
During the visit, the Prime Minister was also be briefed about ongoing federal government-funded development projects in the city. A delegation of urban transport company also called on the Prime Minister to discuss transport issues of Karachi.
- Pakistan observes World Tourism Day with focus on rural development11:38 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Hindus demand Pakistan take India to ICJ over Jodhpur killings10:05 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan backs Azerbaijan, says Armenia must stop its military action09:33 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Faisalabad Police committee to probe Talal Chaudhary attack08:57 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Microsoft buys Bethesda for $7.5 billion08:18 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- 5 Ways to Define and Enhance Your Eyes While Wearing a Face Mask06:55 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- ‘I don’t consume narcotics nor promote consumption of any such ...05:22 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Sajal Aly and Janhvi Kapoor send each other love on Instagram03:11 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020