PM Imran inaugurates 1,320MW Hub power plant under CPEC
KARACHI - Prime Minister Imran Khan Monday inaugurated 1,320MW coal-fired power plant set up by the China Power Hub Generation Company (CPHGC) under the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) project.
The prime minister also addressed the inauguration ceremony at the occasion. Calling it a positive sign, he said that every kind of facility will be provided to assist the joint project.
The premier recommended that more coal should be brought from Thar to run this power plant. Around 6,000 Pakistani engineers are part of the team working on this project.
He further said that electricity is being produced from coal in Thar, adding that Pakistan is progressing due to the economic corridor's projects.
Calling corruption the biggest issue of the country, he said that it was corruption due to which heavy fine was imposed on Pakistan in Reko Diq case.
He made it clear that resolving the issues of Karachi was the responsibility of the provincial government, which is held by the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP). He also ordered planning to convert seawater into drinking water.
The prime minister earlier arrived in Karachi on a day-long visit where he held key meetings with the representatives of different political parties.
Members of the National Assembly and Sindh Assembly belonging to Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, MQM and Grand Democratic Alliance called on the prime minister, reported Radio Pakistan.
Federal Minister for Parliamentary Affairs Azam Swati, Federal Minister for Planning Khusro Bakhtyar, Federal Minister for Water Resources Faisal Vawda, Special Assistant to the PM on Petroleum Nadeem Babar and former finance minister Asad Umar accompanying the PM.
After his arrival, the prime minister met Governor Sindh Imran Ismail to discuss various issues.
During the visit, the Prime Minister was also be briefed about ongoing federal government-funded development projects in the city. A delegation of urban transport company also called on the Prime Minister to discuss transport issues of Karachi.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019