MQM lawmaker tables resolution against Altaf Hussain in Sindh Assembly
In the resolution, the MPA said that he strongly condemns the anti-Pakistan slogans and calls for terrorist acts in Pakistan, and that the Sindh Assembly should demand the federal government to try Altaf Hussain under article 6 of the constitution.
He also denounced the August 22 attacks on the offices of ARY News and Samaa TV on the call of Altaf Hussain.
Two similar resolutions were also moved by Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) and Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI).
The resolutions stated that MQM founder Altaf Hussain had chanted slogans against Pakistan during his speech on August 22 and stimulated the workers of MQM to attack the offices of news channels. Therefore, a strict action should be taken against him.
The PTI member Khurram Sher Zaman, in the resolution, also demanded that a treason case should be registered against Altaf Hussain.
- Bakhtawar gets a special wedding gift from Asif Zardari10:38 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Developer bringing Paris to Pakistan with replica of French city ...10:04 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan's one-man commission to probe Broadsheet scandal09:40 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Danyal Zafar set to make his TV debut08:51 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Shraddha Kapoor to marry a celebrity photographer?09:12 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021