MQM lawmaker tables resolution against Altaf Hussain in Sindh Assembly
In the resolution, the MPA said that he strongly condemns the anti-Pakistan slogans and calls for terrorist acts in Pakistan, and that the Sindh Assembly should demand the federal government to try Altaf Hussain under article 6 of the constitution.
He also denounced the August 22 attacks on the offices of ARY News and Samaa TV on the call of Altaf Hussain.
Two similar resolutions were also moved by Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) and Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI).
The resolutions stated that MQM founder Altaf Hussain had chanted slogans against Pakistan during his speech on August 22 and stimulated the workers of MQM to attack the offices of news channels. Therefore, a strict action should be taken against him.
The PTI member Khurram Sher Zaman, in the resolution, also demanded that a treason case should be registered against Altaf Hussain.
- First pictures of prime suspect in British woman's murder in Pakistan ...07:54 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Father declares Haniya Khan ‘mentally unstable’ after she creates ...07:12 PM | 6 May, 2021
- PCB, NCOC decide on venue of PSL 2021’s remaining matches today06:48 PM | 6 May, 2021
- PAKvZIM: Babar Azam announces 13-member squad for second Test against ...06:29 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Pakistan allows use of airspace by Canadian plane carrying aid to ...05:53 PM | 6 May, 2021
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern plans summer wedding03:45 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Bushra Ansari's sister Sumbul Shahid loses battle to COVID-1903:35 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Javeria Abbasi reveals ex-husband Shamoon Abbasi is also her ...04:32 PM | 6 May, 2021