Ayaz Sadiq to challenge tribunal's verdict in SC
Talking to media after Tribunal's verdict, he said he would challenge the decision in Supreme Court of Pakistan, saying that the tribunal has not written anywhere that the rigging took place in NA-122.
Earlier, an election tribunal finally announced its verdict , approving PTI’s chairman claims that systematic rigging had taken place in the NA-122 and PP-147 constituencies of Lahore and announced a re-election.
The tribunal also ordered re-polling in PP-147 and PP-148.
Khan had challenged National Assembly Speaker Sardar Ayaz Sadiq’s victory from the constituency in the 2013 general elections.
Sadiq had defeated PTI chief in the NA-122 constituency after which a complaint was filed in the Election Commission, alleging massive rigging in favour of Mr Sadiq.
- PM Shehbaz orders to link Thar Coal Mines with railway network by ...11:54 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Are Maya Ali and Bilal Ashraf dating?11:28 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Syra Yousuf and Shahroz Sabzwari's psycho-thriller gets shelved10:58 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- ADB announces $2.3 to 2.5 billion in flood relief support for Pakistan09:50 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Zara Noor Abbas hugs emotional fan during meetup08:32 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Mohsin Abbas Haider opens up about comparison with Ranveer Singh09:21 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022