VIDEO:MQM protesters storm ARY News office for not providing the party with 'enough' media coverage
The move comes shortly after MQM announced holding protests in front of news channels in protest against the lack of coverage of the party’s ongoing sit-in at press club.
Angry MQM protesters surrounded the channel’s office at Madina Mall and tried to barge into the building and reportedly broke the channel’s entry gate.
“MQM workers attacked the ARY News office in Saddar area and police resorted to aerial firing to disperse the charged workers,” sources said.
“One motorcycle was set on fire while Zainab Market and other shops in surrounding areas were closed. The clash between the police and MQM workers caused a massive traffic jam in adjacent areas,” sources added.
Gunshots were also heard in the area, where markets and shops were closed. Four people, including a policeman and a journalist, have been wounded.
The enraged political workers also announced marching on SAMAA TV after ARY News.
- Sharjah builds on its FDI appeal in 2020; attracts $220 million in ...04:00 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Has State Bank of Pakistan restricted ATM withdrawal limit to Rs1,000?03:21 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik finally reveal the name of their baby girl01:50 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021