Eminent Urdu poet Hasan Akbar Kamal dies
According to his family, the funeral will be held at Imam Bargah Ancholi and he will be laid to rest in Wadi-e-Husain off Super Highway today (Saturday).
Kamal had been awarded the Adamjee Literary Award in 1980. After Partition his family migrated to Pakistan and he spent his childhood in Sukkur. He obtained a Master’s in English literature from Sindh University, Hyderabad.
Since his parents moved to Karachi, he became a lecturer at the English department at Delhi College, where he served till his retirement.
Kamal started poetry at a tender age and very few people would have missed the songs he composed such as Koi khushbu jaisi baat karo, Kabhi tum idhar say guzar kay tu dekho, Hai tera karam and Maula sung by popular singers Nayyara Noor, Alamgir, Gulbahar Bano and Tina Sani.
The books he has written include Sukhan (poetry collection), Khizan mera mausam (poetry collection), Kamal kay mazameen (criticism), Jahan-e-Ishq (poetry), Chacha Khairu (children’s novel), Mallah Ka Bhoot (children’s novel), Rustam Khan (children’s novel) and Adamkhoron ka jazeera (children’s novel).
- T20 World Cup: Netherlands win the toss, choose to bat first against ...02:31 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Zahir Jaffer’s mother gets bail in Noor Mukadam murder case01:42 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan’s Daniyal Mehsood breaks India's world record12:52 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Nora Fatehi, Jacqueline Fernandez summoned again in money laundering ...11:30 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Watch: Trailer of ‘The Batman’ is out now07:42 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021