Pakistan, Tajikistan resolve to further deepen bilateral ties
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan and Tajikistan have reiterated their resolve to further deepen and diversify the bilateral ties for mutual benefit.
Dr Moeed Yusuf, National Security Adviser, held a bilateral meeting with Nasrullo Mahmudzoda, Secretary of Security Council of Tajikistan and the Pakistan NSA’s counterpart in Dushanbe on Tuesday.
Dr Moeed Yusuf extended felicitations to his Tajik counterpart on assumption of SCO chair and best wishes for successful organization of 16th meeting of Secretaries of the Security Councils of SCO Member States as well as upcoming 20th Anniversary of SCO Summit in Dushanbe in September later this year.
Dr Yusuf said that both countries needed to pay special focus on strengthening bilateral cooperation in the areas of trade, transport, connectivity, energy and Defence & Security.
He highlighted that Pakistani seaports including Gwadar offered the most economic and efficient route to Tajikistan for its connectivity with the outer world through sea.
Dr Moeed Yusuf said that Pakistan and Tajikistan shared the longest borders with Afghanistan and therefore needed to cooperate closely for regional peace & security.
In the meeting, Tajik Secretary of Security Council, Mahmudzoda expressed gratitude on behalf of his government for Pakistan’s continued assistance in humanitarian and technical spheres including provision of trainings for capacity building of Tajik servicemen.
Mahmudzoda said that bilateral ties between Pakistan and Tajikistan are flourishing day by day and the recent visit of Tajik President to Pakistan has added yet another impetus to these ties.
He remarked that it was first bilateral meeting held by Tajik side for any visiting foreign dignitary in the newly built building in Presidential Complex in Dushanbe. The two NSAs resolved to maintain the regular contacts for further boosting the bilateral ties.
Pakistan’s NSA rejects claims of back-channel ... 11:17 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Dr Moeed Yusuf, the National Security Advisor to Prime Minister Imran Khan, on Thursday dismissed ...
- Pakistani weightlifter misses medal at Tokyo Olympics, but wins hearts11:55 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- Covid-19: Door-to-door vaccination drive begins in Punjab’s ...11:34 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- Budding Pakistani singer accused of sexually assaulting woman in ...11:26 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan receives over three million doses of Moderna, CanSino ...10:53 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- First trilateral meeting of Pakistan, Azerbaijan and Turkey’s ...10:25 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- Jennifer Lopez celebrates 52nd birthday with Ben Affleck04:36 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani bride's super dancing entry goes viral (VIDEO)03:37 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic breaks the internet with new beach photo03:15 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021